Are you a recent graduate in a mechanical or energy engineering discipline? Are you interested in starting your career with one of the Eastern Region’s most innovative companies? Do you relish the thought of taking early responsibility for projects from start to finish, and working up close with the results of your labour rather than in a sterile office environment? If the answer to these questions is “yes”, we should be talking.
Pruce Newman are one of the leading mechanical engineering contractors in the South and East of England, specialising in the fabrication and installation of industrial pipework for a broad range of applications ranging from nuclear power stations to food and drink factories. We currently have vacancies for Graduate Engineers to join our family-run business, to work predominantly on sites in Norfolk and Essex. The work is varied and rewarding, and you’ll gain experience of all aspects of our business before joining one of our closely-knit teams to deliver complex piping projects for some of the world’s best-known companies.
Our Engineers manage projects from inception to completion, and your initial duties will include:
- Sales, estimating and tendering activities under the supervision of the Divisional Operations Director.
- Following up tenders and negotiating contracts/orders from tenders.
- Contract management including:
- Procuring materials, plant & subcontract works & maintain consumables/PPE stock and gas holding systems.
- Sourcing appropriate labour and assist with labour planning activities.
- Programing works & monitoring progress.
- Maintaining cost, quality & safety procedures and controls.
- Pricing and negotiating of variations
- Preparing quality plans and overseeing quality control
- Preparing method statements, risk assessments, safety plans and reviewing safety on site.
- Dealing with technical/engineering problems as they arise
- Overseeing site staff including discipline and motivation problems
- Negotiating final accounts.
- Acting as planner, Quantity Surveyor or Quality Controller as and when needed.
- Producing fabrication/ installation drawings as required.
- Receive/chase delivery notes, match with orders and purchase ledger invoices, approving P/L invoices and dealing with purchasing queries and disputes
- Maintaining efficient documentation of all tendering and contracting activities
We work in a number of sectors, and a career with Pruce Newman could encompass projects in Onshore Oil & Gas, Biomass and Biogas Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Fuel and Energy Storage, Pharmaceutical and Chemical Manufacture, Research Laboratories and many more. As diverse as they are, our clients all trust us to deliver high quality work safely, in environments which include Upper Tier COMAH sites.
If you’re ready to meet the challenges that we can offer, start your application by emailing a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you’re suitable for the role to Graham Newman, Managing Director – email@example.com